Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween Culebra Style

A bit late for Halloween reporting here, but 'late' is a relative term in a place where one of the first things I was told by a local was "Manana doesn't mean tomorrow."

After a bit of arm twisting by a friend, I was very glad I agreed to go out for Halloween. Fantastic costumes were everywhere, starting in the late afternoon with this group


and continuing with various goblins, ghouls and a few stand outs. Such as a self-described Woodland Nymph....O



Or how about a Spider Pox woman (or women, there were a few of them)?


After a few hours the pox had spread through the streets and one would be hard put to find anyone without some spider with web draped on in some strategic place or another.

The weather was perfect, spirits were high and mysteries abounded. I was told Elvis was around, but after asking yesterday how many had seen him, it appears he'd left the building... but then, I left earlier than many, having played an Agent for Change quite long enough. When even the fairies leave, I know it's time to go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment