Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Boxing Day 2018

Christmas on Culebra has its own rhythm and a fine rhythm it is! From family parties (both born into and chosen!) to placing mental bets on how late the parade will be, to excellent food and drink and laughter and just being together, that's how we roll.


Can squalls stop a party? Nah.
Two happy chicas
After enough food and frivolity, ongoing for the last few days, it was time to head back to my critter sitter spot, tend to the pup and nap awhile before the parade. At least part of that got done, along with a stop at Happy Landing as well. I haven't done a jello shot in a really long time. I might have never done a jello shot, actually.  But 'tis the season...

After hanging around down town awhile, laughing about how late the parade would be, I thought I'd go see what was happening at the staging area at the school. As it turned out, that was pretty much my parade this year, a lot of smiles later.

Waiting around is just another reason for fun
I have no idea what's going on here

This always makes me happy, all those fairy lights, the music!


A truck so nice, I'm posting it twice

Santa rides in style



You know where this vehicle comes from!

Santa and Big Mama

So cute!

Thomas' cousin




Some lively paso fina's

Mayra and Santa

Last sight of my night. They aren't reindeer but it's not cold either!

Away they all went, heading for town, dancing to the music, lights flashing, sirens blaring. Merry Christmas to all and for me, good night.

Have a wonder full Boxing Day. Do something welaxing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment