Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Chanukah from Culebra 2013!


Since I can't make that title again in my lifetime - the next coinciding of these holidays won't happen for more than a few thousand decades - I have to play it up today. I'm sorry I didn't find this earlier - the ideal meshing of the celebrations, but if you're going to be around 70 or 80 thousand years from now, you might want to hang on to this. Whether the key play at your home today is playing with your dreidel or your turkey, or both happy day of celebration of thankfulness. Let the good food roll!


I could go on about all the things I am thankful for and most likely, at some point in the day, for some unlucky listener or plural that, I just might and in fact, probably will. But for now, morning chores done, not that there are many, I cannot help but put having the pain gone from my arm at the top of the list. It's still not all the way back to pumping iron strength, but that's a time thing. No pain is like a jump up and swing from tree branches thing. So this year, Dr. R, you rate pretty high on my human list and you don't know it nor care, but there it is!

Otherwise, I'm thankful that the same things I'm thankful for year in and year out that are still around to be thankful for. Some old friends are gone, that never stops, but new babies have been born. I still have my children and brother and most of the ones dear to me, who make me laugh, who have put up with my little, on the world scale, trials and help me through them. Who drink with me and work with me and...oh crap, I'm doing it. You get the idea.

I tried to capture the 'look, it might snow!' light of this morning before it gets too sunny for those in chillier/colder/more frigid conditions

She wasn't quite awake yet and the chicks ate first

She was very awake.

They keep on hangin' on

Life is good
Have a wonderful day of thanks, no matter where in the world you might be. Happy Chanukah day 2!


Have an especially thankful Thursday! Do something traditionally twanged.

No comments:

Post a Comment