Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Rollin' Down the Barmudah Triangle

It's Barmudah with an H, I've been notified. Regardless, it's handy location made it easy to pick the Water Trough as the meet up place with Lynn and Aaron, who are always great to spend time with. They brought along their son and daughter-in-law too, as I did Sarah. You know how sometimes when people meet, that you are bringing together, you have a good or worried feeling about how it might work out? No, I didn't have that feeling. I knew it would work out. But even better, I think some new friends were made. I'm pretty sure that's bettable.


The Water Trough Saloon. Good drinks, good beer (ok, I guess it's good; I don't usually drink beer but seconds rounds were had so I'll guess they were better than just drinkable) and 25 cent pool tables. Really. We had cheese and crackers because it was time to eat something, and I never even looked at the menu, but I'd imagine it's fair bar food fare.

I love these old games! Not enough to play it though. This time.
But 25 cent pool? Oh yeah! We got there in mid-afternoon, with just a couple of guys at the bar. Then it was just us. Then, after Lynn et al left, in came a few people, most notably, a couple of guys singing. They sang really well too, but sort of got eased out the door...
It was pretty much time to go not long after that.
Pool isn't always so easy when you are short, which is why god made bridges.
We're very serious about our pool.
The juke box here is the real deal and filled with great music. Sarah picked good!
Earlier in the day, I was wandering around this end of the block and admiring the continued work on the yards across the street. I've seen the progression for three years now and they just get better and better.


No mowing neccesito, and so lushly gorgeous - a visual buffet.
Yes, every year I put up a photo of the rosemary giant in Sarah's yard. I'd kill give a lot to have a rosemary bush like this. It's over my head and maybe ten feet in circumference.
I confess. I have  rosemary lust in my heart. 
Last year, we didn't get to go see the swifts who come here every year. That's on the list and I'm excited about it. Now. To make sure it doesn't slip slide away while we're playing crosswords and finding books.

Have a teach your children (2 or 4 legged) well Tuesday! Do something transparent.

2 comments:

  1. Of course, it would "work out". Any friend of Culebra is a friend of mine and yours and ours, right?

    Hi Lynn and Aaron!!

    ReplyDelete