Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Space and Time

Because photos of sorting, organizing, throwing out and/or packing things isn't the most exciting thing to see, unless you have some weird kind of fetish I don't want to know about, there hasn't been much going on out here in the land of sunflowers to really show and tell. I've been using my photographic skills to list stuff on Facebook Market, which I have to say, works pretty well! I never knew much about it until now, so if you have something to sell, it's worth a shot, with all the caveats of protecting yourself and your home while selling. So far, so good!

Yesterday we took a drive to see my oldest granddaughter (I want to grow up and be her, she's so strong and funny and smart and good) in the town where she goes to college. I took a few shots along the way. It wasn't until we were almost to the car leaving that I realized I'd not taken any photos of us together. Oops. Actually, that isn't a bad thing, but I'll try to remember next time. 


The sky has been very dramatic the last few days.
I got to meet her new to me boyfriend and he got the Grandma Super Seal of approval, level headed, a musician, close to his family, doesn't think we're all crazy, cute as can be, with a great dry sense of humor; what's not to like? If he can enjoy lunch with three generations of basically me but smarter and funnier as the genes pass down, kudos to him! 


This is a bit fuzzy as on the road photos sometimes are,
 but it's such a quintessential farm house I had to include it.
There are a few things I like about Kansas. The sky is one of them. With wildly vast horizons, any cloud show is going to have some drama going on. Sunsets and sunrises can border on insanely exquisite (not so much in this neighborhood, because it's a regular neighborhood with homes and electric lines etc. but the country isn't far away). And generally, the people are super nice. That's enough for now.


Look one way and see this

Look another way and see this
Space. Michelle will say, as we are heading someplace I've not been with her, oh, it's just right over there. Over there takes no real time to get to, but it's driving a lot farther than my concept of over there, which usually means within sight. Things are spread out here, I'd need a drone shot to show what I mean but imagine the shopping center in Fajardo. Now imagine the parking lot being 3 times bigger. Now imagine that all around that is space. Empty space. And then WAAAAY over there, is a fast food place. It's not all like that but it feels like it to me. The luxury of space that can't be adequately understood if there is nothing to contrast it to. Ok, I'll be quiet now.




Have a wide-open Wednesday. Do something wild.

No comments:

Post a Comment