Saturday, December 1, 2018

Afternoon the Light

Yesterday was one of those winter days here that are almost heartbreakingly beautiful in that clear enough to see roads on Vieques, twenty shades of blue, diamonds on the water way. I didn't have my real camera with me and while the phone camera can do a good job, it would have been almost impossible to capture that gorgeousness with my good camera, let alone the phone, so I didn't even try. I just sat, mesmerized, absorbing it, while the 'I'm so lucky to live here' mantra swirled in my brain. 

By late afternoon, though, I was ready to give it a try, phone camera or not.

Pre-decorated party spot

Alive with red fruit (for chickens, not me)

Speaking of chickens...

They strolled down the path on a Friday night date

To roost or not to roost, that is a question
Despite the beauty, the no-see-ums were out in force. In my eyes and then in my hair force. Damn you for opening that box, Pandora!! It was time to go.


So far, it looks like today is going to be a fairly close repeat. I can do that.

Have a saturated Saturday. Do something softly splendid.

P.S. Don't forget Zaco's new Bizarre Saturday. They open at 3, with random musicians and artisans showing up, along with a special tapas menu. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment