Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Tiny Home Tuesday ~ A Ramble

A ramble because there are a a few things I saw this week that called loudly, as in hit me on the head bonk loudly. Maybe more hit me in the place emotionally drawn to craftsmanship and imagination. Like that.

There is a guy named Craig Dorsey who remodels old trailers. I could say vintage trailers and his remodels probably deserve the word, but it is overused and abused, so old it is.


This particular remodel is an Airstream. There are things I like about it and things I don't but the talent stands out big time. You can see a lot more photos of this here.

Behind door # 2 is a brilliant idea for a chicken coop. In the article, they call it a chicken house and I understand why. But. It's a coop.


Rain catcher o' rama!! I'd have a bigger catcher though.


Small, but lots of light and air and sitting on those foundation blocks would make it moveable  if one wanted that. There are more photos and more story about the designer, Alex Wyndham, here.

Last up is a tiny home I would like to pick up and move here. It is from Pure Salvage (you can see a lot more photos by clicking the link), the guy who does Tiny Texas Houses, Brad Kittel. While I've seen a lot of his work, I hadn't seen this one before; it was love at first sight. Truly.

photo credit: Brad Kittel

The only thing I don't like is that he writes too often how tiny it is. Having lived in a lot less space for many years, this house - he calls it Little Sister - is small but not so tiny that you couldn't do the Hokey Pokey in there with room to spare. I know for plenty of people, it might be too small, but then, you are probably not reading this anyway. 

Photo credit: Brad Kittel
And there you have it. I didn't include the airliner in a forest (yes, another one) because I don't like it. Maybe you will. If I had an airliner, I'd do it a lot differently, but that's just me. It's not tiny either.

Have a test your tastes Tuesday. Do something thanklessly thoughtful.

p.s. I won't have a computer after today so the blog will be in hiatus until I get my replacement computer. Or a tablet. Or something. See you then!



No comments:

Post a Comment