Sunday, October 4, 2015

You Go Your Way and I'll Go Mine

This morning is moving on time, me to the West, Jack to the East. We'll say farewell at the gate and I'll be the lucky one without the rising sun in my eyes. Maybe we'll see the burrowing owls (I have never seen them in real life, they look adorable in photos and film) or other burrowing critters at a corner of the land where they seem to congregate. I hope so!


This is considered very green for around here



Sometime in the afternoon the rain started moving in. For a place that usually gets under 10 inches of rain a year, this year has been unusual with quite a bit more than the norm. There was thunder and lighting and rain and then more of each. I like a good thunder and lightning storm anywhere, but in the desert there is added drama, watching a storm literally sweep in and around, covering blue sky with grey. There was, right before it all went dark, one beautiful strip of sunset, but I couldn't capture it and while trying, it started raining more. Hands full of computer, camera and flashlight as I went from Jack's cabin to the Turtle, I lost a good one. Sorry!

Later, I was sleeping but woke up to the wind shaking and banging the Turtle around a good bit, loosening something - I'm not sure what - to rattle about. I'm not going out there to see exactly what as it is pitch black and even with a flashlight, I don't think I'm ready to work on a fix at 3 a.m.-ish in the morning. Instead I'll try to think of it as a rocking boat...with a fishing rod banging in a holder. 


Rain dancing
Since I can't capture the yips of the coyotes and figure we've all heard wind before, this wraps up the West Texas section of the trip! Except for remembering to get a photo of Jack in the morning. The daylight morning. I'll post this because there is signal and that probably won't happen again for awhile. 

Have a serene Sunday. Do something sensate.

2 comments:

  1. MJ
    Not sure whate route you are taking West but this week is the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta. There is RV parking (not scenic, it's an asphalt lot) but you could catch a Mass Ascension!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to have seen that! But I'm on the mission to get to northern CA and have to keep moving on. I did see a few trucks with balloon baskets, apparently it's that time of year out here!

      Delete