Thursday, August 2, 2012

Every Picture Tells a Story

So, I'll let them tell.

This is on the way into El Paso. The big city. Oh yeah.

I'm not exactly sure what is going on here but there it is, sitting like a space ship on the outskirts of El Paso.

It's weird to be so remote and then hitting a city. 

World Wide. No doubt. On a water tank. I think Christie's sign is down the street on a windmill.

I couldn't get it all in one photo but this is the Adult Video Drive-In (really, a drive in) sign.
And it's open. Who says Americana is not alive and well?

Deeper into it and I don't know why I took this photo.

I have no idea WHAT offenses, but the light changed too quickly to think of anything good to do offensively for the CCTV cameras except...oh, never mind.

This is a place where Jack sells his cactus. It's huge and has one area devoted to a LOT of Mexican art. If you look at El Paso on the map, it's about a stone's throw from Juarez, so it's the real deal. Ive never seen a mask like this and love it. Three faced. I know this person!

More of the store and following



Some serious road building is going on here

I didn't have time to go to the rodeo...

Pecan trees seem to have taken over from growing cotton. Old cotton gin mills are falling down.

A huge stand of bamboo (this one's for you, bro)

I wanted to steal this so much but it was bigger than the truck

This guy hand makes mattresses. Jack got his single for 80.00 bucks
and watched the guy make it. How cool is that? 

This might have become my favorite grocery store ever. It's all Mexican centered and has awesome selections. I think there were about 6 kinds of moles'. We bought one and Jack tried it for the first time. It's a hit.


Growing peppers (chili mostly) is big around here but I'm not sure if this isn't okra

A cool old place in Ft. Hancock TX

I think I'm going to make some of these signs for home.

Ok, time to go, only so much time on the computer here at May's Cafe, bless her heart for having wifi! Until next time, play nice or stay home.

Have a totally tranquil Thursday. Do something tipping to the terrific.
p.s. As I've mentioned before, I have set up my tip jar so I don't know the sender, but to whoever left that last tip of an extremely generous size? Your writing server thanks you with great appreciation!

2 comments: