Thursday, October 10, 2013

A Few of My Favorite Things

Flying home is always a good thing, even with a plane-phobic girl sitting next to me, worrying about every bump. One of the best parts is flying over the Bahamas, knowing that cities in my life will be in the rear view, except for brief down times in Miami (where we flew over the Hialeah racetrack, but I wasn't ready for it, and I didn't see the flamingos either) and San Juan, which is the first part of feeling almost home. The heat, the slower pace, the smiles. Or maybe my grin is just so big it colors everything else.

The first few photos were still from Michigan.

I was needing to see water. Luckily, the river is only a couple of blocks away from Linda's home.

Heart apple

Culebra lives on in touches all over Linda's house, including one of Walt's birds in her bathroom.
Let the trip begin. We got up at 4 to catch my 6:30 plane; just in time for the sunrise!


Miami is a very busy place

Clouds did not get in my way and I have looked at them from both sides now.


The drop. I've never seen it so clearly before, it was stunning.

To see ripples in the sand from however many thousands of feet up in the air? Priceless.



What a great island!

"Town"

When I need perspective in this crazy world, moments like this help a lot.
 And finally, back home, where my yard is a jungle. That's not a bad thing (but you weedwhacker dudes can show up anytime!).


Yes, I'm in love.

Aw, Mom, do I have to get up?

The hood of this truck gets better and better. These are glued on, a mobile landing field.

In all of the green, this guy stood out like a flaming beacon.

The iguanas left me this welcome home bloom
Life is good. Life is beautiful. Repeat many times daily, because you can't grind your teeth and say that at the same time.

Have a tranquillo Thursday. Do something tippingly turning.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent photo set!

    ebsqis 28

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun taking them, fun sharing them, fun knowing they are enjoyed!

      Delete