Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Tiny Homes Tuesday

Along the way of passing time while waiting for the ferry in Fajardo (Ferry in Fajardo, you songwriters may steal this), I wandered across some small homes along with some other sights, so today is a combo. Free today only, no fries included.

The forecast was stormy but all we got is wow! All you have to do is be at the ferry dock around 6:00 a.m. and the show is on. Great place for sunsets too.


And then, it got better with this brilliant double rainbow.

See you later, Culebra!


Rainbow cloud fire

Even I don't think this can be rehabbed but I'm very drawn to it anyway.
No rehab here, good eye resting though
Boom! Pretty wall art!
There are so many wrought iron designs I could make a book

Cute little house. It's for sale. The location might be a drawback...

But look at this great wrought iron!

Also not a tiny home

But here is a very cool truck! Put a camper on it and...ok, never mind. But some people do live quite comfortably, relatively speaking, in exactly that.

For years, I never knew this was here. The Fajardo malecon

Fishermen working on engines

 I just like this place

This looks like it could be on any beach road. The location could be awesome someday

For some, home is a resting place

Home for someonething, no doubt



At home at the ferry terminal

This has nothing to do with tiny homes. I just liked it.
The Rorschach Pigeon. I see a woman and man kissing in a heart on a mountain. After they've built their tiny home and moved in. Ready to live the rest of their lives. This is what happens in my brain after waiting 5 hours for the ferry.

My favorite small, not tiny, house of the week is this one, built by Tiny Texas Houses builder Brad Kittel, on whom I admit I have a massive, forever to be unrequited crush. I can live with that.

The Painted Lady
photo credit: Tiny Texas Houses
You can see more photos of this home (and others TTH has built by using the links) by going here. He also has a website about salvaging to build, called Pure Salvage Living that is worth checking out. All of his builds are from salvaged materials, incorporating his philosophy of recycle and recreate. He ALSO has free house plans, you'll have to do the looking yourself! I know you can.

Have a teeming with tinyness Tuesday. Do something transforming.


2 comments:

  1. Hey MJ. I especially like the rooftop gardens on Fajardo's Twin Towers picture. SueV

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think those are all organic greens; one of those U Pic places.

      Delete