Sunday, June 24, 2018

A New Restaurant in the Cove!

About 15 or 20 minutes from where my son lives is Shelter Cove a taste of Venezuela awaited. Down and down and down a pretty decent road with plenty of switchbacks, there is one spot on the way that opens up to the ocean view. We'd gotten a call that it was clear (as opposed to totally fogged in) and warm (as opposed to shorts and t-shirt weather here and jacket and warm clothes weather there). Add in a new restaurant, we were on our way!

The building that holds Mi Mochima had been sitting empty for ages, slowly getting that seriously abandoned look. Its A frame design and amazing views seemed like a great spot to put in another restaurant but it just wasn't happening since I'd first seen it years ago. Now it's very happening! And why I didn't take a photo of it from the outside has only one good reason - it was so  unusually windy that little dust/sand storms were dancing all over the place, not good for my eyes or for the camera. Next time. 


First was a visit to the swimming/surfing/kayaking/fishing beach.
This was the end of the day and it was pretty emptied out, despite all the cars you see.
The tide comes in to the cliff(s) but people know to get out while the getting is good.
I'm pretty sure we ordered everything on the menu and it was all good to excellent.
I had the fresh caught rock fish, it was amazing. The crab appetizer was also local and fresh.
Part of the view from the restaurant
 After dinner, we headed back to the lighthouse to walk off that oh I can't believe I ate so much feeling. And because this is one of my favorite places at the Cove. And because there is a bar there, where a real drink could be had...too bad they don't let kids in. We took turns playing outside with the girls while the bigger people had a drink.



A few views from this spot. 


Yes, if you are a long time blog reader, you've seen this lighthouse before.
I never get tired of it.

I don't know if this bird had something in its beak or if it has a white beak.
Life mysteries.

Fishing boats

If there is a rock in the ocean, some bird will bless it.

Sometimes these rocks are covered with seals, but not this time.
Play time!

O got familiar with my camera fast! But the little photo bomber was faster.

The obvious joy

On the way back up we hoped, ok, I hoped, for a green flash.
No green flash but a whole lot of beautiful.
Have an super Sunday Funday! Do something splendid.

2 comments:

  1. MJ, I sure am enjoying your travelogues again, Thanks for all the photos & commentaries of neat places. Bill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bill! I'm glad to hear I'm giving you a little return on all the fun it is to see your wonderful photos of ocean and sky!

      Delete