Thursday, June 21, 2018

Farm Walkabout Part...something

While Iko and I warm up to each other (she is saying Grandma, SCORE!), I take advantage of her open to me moments when I can. Meaning, if she wants to hang around, I go for it. O was at her friends' house, it was time for a mini walkabout.

I'm not usually here this early in summer, so different things are in bloom. Or not. Brightness stands out in boldness.

Peeeeennnk flwr!

Bwrht flwr!

Me: Pretty, Iko but poisonous.
Iko: nous, no!

This is 'my' fig!
Last year there was a fig picking that left me figless,
so this year, this one is claimed as MINE!

After our walk it was out into the side yard where lots of things are going on.
The set up for Elijah's new small barn building business (say that three times fast)
has begun. This is also where we come out for mellow time.
That's Nesta back there; any place is good as long as she's with her people.
Yes, that's the hind end of the Turtle. 
These poppies mesmerize me. I guess I've never really seen them growing up close. It makes me want to have one of those cameras on it 24 hours a day to watch the stems unfurl. The closed buds make me think of pomegranates and wonder if they were related.So naturally, I googled it. I didn't find that out because I was stopped by finding a really good story about a man trying to stop the lucrative growing of poppies by persuading farmers to grow pomegranates instead! News to me and brilliant, and best of all, he's having some success!




As I was getting ready to write this, some movement in the field caught my eye out the window, something prancing across the field. It wasn't Nesta. 

This young buck acted like it had all the time in the world.
I don't speak deer so I don't know what this one was saying. 
He casually strolled into the woods with one backward glance.
Have a teachable Thursday. Do something thrivingly!

Happy birthday, Anita!!

No comments:

Post a Comment