Friday, November 14, 2008

I confess

Yes, I'm not quite healed from my newsoholicness...but this one just leapt into my laptop/eyes. I swear I didn't look for it. It's not my fault! Truth, I no longer read anything with the word Palin in it. I don't watch the videos. But this one snuck in under another guise....I promise. HOWEVER, it was too good to let go.

Sometimes here on Culebra, I think we're all pretty crazy. Ok, more than sometimes. And some stand out more than others. But today, Palin's thrown the gauntlet down. I can only think of one slightly close potential rival and that rival will never have national attention, so I'll let Palin take the stage:

UPDATE: Via email, here's an excerpt from Wolf Blitzer's interview today with Palin:

BLITZER: Another question. What are your new ideas on how to take the Republican Party out of this rut that it’s in right now? Give me one or two new ideas that you’re going to propose to these governors who have gathered here in this hotel.

PALIN: Well, a lot of Republican governors have really good ideas for our nation because we’re the ones there on the front lines being held accountable every single day in service to the people whom have hired us in our own states and the planks in our platform are strong and they are good for America. It’s all about free enterprise and respecting the ...

BLITZER: Does that mean you want to come up with a new Sarah Palin initiative that you want to release right now.

PALIN: Gah! Nothing specific right now. Sitting here in these chairs that I’m going to be proposing but in working with these governors who again on the front lines are forced to and it’s our privileged obligation to find solutions to the challenges facing our own states every day being held accountable, not being just one of many just casting votes or voting present every once in a while, we don’t get away with that. We have to balance budgets and we’re dealing with multibillion dollar budgets and tens of thousands of employees in our organizations.



To soften the confusion, here is a bit of local wonder...hope it helps. Gah indeed.

6 comments:

  1. "Insane" doesn't even begin to describe this woman. It I spouted anything close to that at my job, I would be out on my ass. What do people see in her? Come 'on lady, go from FAD to FADE already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm confused who you are talking about, are you referring to me? Judge Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy. Somehow I missed this "gem". First is a question. What the hell is Gah? A moose call? and my other observation is when do we call in the UN translators? What language is that she's trying to speak? omg.

    and your picture couldn't be more perfect (well, if it was a black widow, which I hope it's not, maybe).

    Gah back at ya Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judge Judy, no, but that's because I never (and never will) heard you say Gah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It wasn't a black widow...but it seemed bigger than a breadbox (it wasn't though)

    Deb, I love FAD to FADE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, if only FAD to FADE was an original - I read it somewhere right before the election (directly referring to the moose hunter).

    ReplyDelete