Thursday, November 21, 2013

Hooray for the Red, White and Blue

Yesterday was a banner day for me, getting stitches out and having a chat with my surgeon about what was what and what was to be. He said it was bad, not horrible and that soon I would have the strength of 10,000. He didn't really say that last part. What he said was that along with the bad tendon I had a lot of inflamed fatty tissue. Being a woman, I immediately left the medical aspect and asked if he was saying I was fat. Being an insensitive lout He said 'look at your other arm'. I looked. I invoked old lady who hasn't exercised much in a year. I cried. I didn't really cry. Tears and my humor don't seem to move this guy much - maybe a slight grin once in a while, so why bother? Though I do.

Does this photo make me look fat?
All I am very sure of is that he knows his field of expertise expertly and I'm damn glad Dr. Badillo recommended him to me, or me to him, however that works. A few daily exercises, a month and hopefully it will be back to work for me! There, now you know everything I know and more than you wanted to know. About that. I'm not wearing a sling anymore, so if you see me, please don't smack my arm unless you want to see what involuntary response means. And see me cry. Fair warning.

The last two days have been winter clear, that clear where you can see the buildings on Vieques and St. Thomas. The clear of intense blue skies and bluer waters. Of course, today is starting out cloudy but it is the season of postcard views where everything looks more beautiful than it is, sort of like magic light time all day long.

Something about the light made everything very crisp and very clear


Even the flags seemed jubilant
This has nothing to do with light or crisp or looking better than it really is, except in a slanty sort of way. It's a couple of places that caught my attention walking around Fajardo.

Once upon a time, this building must have been really nice. I don't know what they call the deep inset of the window area architecturally,inside, I think it would be a casement window? but I like it. What history was here? What stories?

Interested in buying a movie theater? In case you don't know, cerrado means closed and se vende means for sale. I think the word closed is, perhaps, unnecessary. 
There isn't the feeling of a once grand theater, but with a little work...ok, I'm lying.
After spending as much time as possible, walking around, it was back to the terminal. There is always someone from Culebra to talk to or one can just sleep or read or stare into space. And then walk around some more. And then repeat. Oh, to have the 1 o'clock ferry back!

These things are big. Very big. Now if they'd all run, wouldn't it be grand?
Have a transcendent Thursday. Do something therapeutic.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to read that you are now stitchless and that you now have the strength of 10,000, not that we ever doubted it ;-)》

    ReplyDelete