Monday, May 19, 2014

A Quiet Walkabout ~ Photo Heavy, Fair Warning!

Yesterday was as quiet a Sunday as I've experienced while town meandering in a long time, as well as on the way there and back. I was reminded of when I first moved here (except for the giant Jeeps) and it was nice. One of those giant Jeeps stopped and tourist strangers offered me a ride - that never happens, but it did. A really nice couple, he from Florida, originally from Spain, she from San Juan. It was his first trip back to Culebra in over 20 years. I'm always amazed how much conversation can go on in five minutes. We talked about Culebra changes, prompting a 'capture it now, before it is gone ohpleasemayitneverbegone' exchange of view and pixels.

These first shots are from  heading down Housesitting Hill.


Now in wild bloom


Unfurl the banana flags!

Folk art Culebra style



Yes, these little fruits are safe to eat and taste like strawberries. 


Common names - "Elkhorn" , "Frilled Fan" or "Crested Euphorbia"

Spider lily

Frills and thrills

Dill and the water (your earworm for today)

Dinghy Dock was my destination, to meet up with my friends Tina and Mark, who had sailed in and would be heading out today. Maybe. That's how cruising goes! While we were chatting, a fish cleaning was taking place. A beautiful fish, a skilled cleaning. Someone got a very delicious fish dish.



At a walking pace, there is a lot to see between town and where I hang my camera. Most of it is good. The trash - less each year thankfully - not so good. 


I seem to know a vehicle painted in this pattern...

Recycling on some levels isn't new here

Make your own caption

I've watched this place from before it existed to turned pretty junky to turned pretty cleaned up these days. When there are people here with the sounds of laughter and talking, it has a feel good vibe, even if on a couple of levels there are some issues in its creation. This is Culebra. 

This is Culebra too.


Can a fiberglass boat sink into an organic goodbye? No, but this one is trying.

Noah

Angel's home.


The moonrise last night, sometime around midnight, was mystical with clouds. A good ending to a thoughtful day, ushering in dream time. Yet I wake up and I'm still here. Amazing.




Have a maverickly makeshift Monday. Do something minimally mighty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment