Friday, May 9, 2014

Free Range Friday ~ Culebra to Columbia, Chicken to Chocolate

It has been a busier than normal week for me and I think the only thing I cooked, beside popcorn, was for some friends, a not so beautiful but good omelet, green peppers, garlic, onions, eggs of course, bacon and bacon cheese - is there such a thing as too much bacon? Probably not. 

He looks scared but the plate was clean at the end so fear was apparently overcome.
That wasn't the best thing I ate this week, though. That would the grilled chicken thighs made with Walker's Jamaican Jerk seasoning. I really like this company and their products; if you don't have the time to make your own jerk, this is real close to the best you'll get. 



Did I get a photo? No I did not. By the time they were ready, the camera was put away. But if I had taken a photo, it would have been something very much like this.

photo credit: Food & Fire

Except - this is the homemade real deal. You can go the blog Food & Fire to see one recipe showing how this is done (there are probably as many recipes for jerk as for potato salad). I can almost smell the spicy fire here.

Is chocolate a food? Or it is art? Or is it both? In the case of Unelefante Chocolate, it might be an ambrosial combination of both. All I know is, it caught my eyes and imagination and I have a feeling it would catch my taste buds too. Columbian cocoa? It's the real thing (and a lot better for you than that other thing).

I found this on the DeMilked web site - they always have lots of interesting subjects - where you can go for more information on this chocolate. 

Remember melting crayons between sheets of waxed paper? I always wanted to take a bite of that. Now I can.
Have a flagrantly fancier Friday. Do something fluttering with frivolity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment