Thursday, May 15, 2014

'round & About

I went to Fajardo yesterday and only came back with one photo. From my phone. I was on a mission and it wasn't from god. The sky, barely tipped with light, held heavy dark clouds and very potential rain, leaving me making a semi-conscious choice at 5 in the morning to leave the cameras at home. 

When you carry a camera around pretty much all of the time, not carrying one is a way to look at things differently, not trying to capture forever that mountain, that waterfall, that funny thing. But there was one thing I had to photograph and the phone was right there. Temptation given into is sometimes a good thing. Oh, technology! Not so long ago, taking a photo with a phone was Dick Tracy territory. 

What's not to love?
He stands there, arms upraised, with greetings of welcome. In a sort of alley, not even in front of the garage/mechanics shop, but off to the side, back a way from the road. I was looking for a trash can and found him. Times like this are when I wish I spoke more than my less than basic Spanish, because I'd love to hear his story and meet his creator. Maybe one day.

I miss you, Moon Maid
Randomness. Old blooms fall away and new blooms are everywhere these days, because rain and Nature are full of magic.




This is a strawberry plant I bought from Diane of D's Garden. It is very, very happy!
I missed posting about the full moon of May yesterday, known as, surprise, the Full Flower Moon. It is also called the Full Corn Planting Moon and Milk Moon, In the Southern Hemisphere, everything is our seasonal opposite, with May's moon called the Hunter's Moon, Beaver Moon or Frost Moon. 

No matter what you call it, or where you see it from, it's a beautiful moon. 

Covered with clouds last night, this it the morning moon. Hello, Moon Maidens!
Have a therapeutic Thursday. Do something tensionless.

2 comments:

  1. It may say "welcome" but it's face sure doesn't look welcoming.

    ReplyDelete