Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Tiddly Winks!



I have no idea why tiddly winks came to mind this morning, but I do know if I don't get them out of my brain pan, out there into the fire of the day, it won't be good for anybody crossing my path. I'm pretty sure I don't need to hunt down and play with some but it's early yet. In fact, after finding this page, I think it's toddled out of my system working like a rehash trivia vaccination, I feel safe for the next decade or so. Note: I spell it Tiddly Winks because...I do.


Maybe you read our weird story about a little girl dropping a piece of unexploded ordnance at the ferry dock that she'd picked up at the beach...and it exploded. I didn't know the rest of the story until yesterday. It gets weirder, but the important part to us is Captain Pat being the heroine of the day in the incident.

As you can tell, Judy is....speechless. Or something like speechless. I think. 
Suffice to say that the parents actions were, in my humble opinion (who can spot the lie in this already?) very questionable at best and actionable at worst. But Pat stepped quickly up to the plate and acted correctly, and that's all one can do. Lesson? Don't pick up weird stuff at the beach. But if you do and you're in trouble, find Pat.

A few of us got together at Dinghy Dock yesterday to give Judy a send off until next year. The plan was to have a couple Happy Hour drinks and then move along to dinner but since the line waiting for the dining room to open (for dinner, it's about as open as a room can get on any other score) went from the bar, up the stairs and to the street, we decided to take ourselves to a front porch instead.

Naturally, one of the handful of nights I think I'm actually going out to dinner is during Semana Santa., something like a desire to take a casual stroll across Times Square on New Year's Eve.  Ah well, it was a memorable time anyway. With much practice, we do 'adapt and roll with it' well here.

The not-sister sisters. I love the expression on the face of the guy at the bar. Read it as you wish.
If you drive or walk about here at all, you've noticed our new welcome bear. Not that we had an old welcome bear, that was a windmill, not a bear. There aren't a lot of bears around Culebra or even the Caribbean, I'm pretty sure. But what's equally true is that this is already my favorite bear, maybe in the whole world. Thanks, whoever brought him here.


This morning dawned with a calm, glassy start, wrapping the bay in hushed stillness that was quickly broken by a fishing boat heading out to deeper waters. And that's okay.


Have a wink-able Wednesday. Do something wonky.

No comments:

Post a Comment