Sunday, September 19, 2010

A bit of catching up

While much is happening on Culebra, I'm still here in California enjoying the views and time with my son. It's as beautiful as I always imagined, from way back when I read The Dharma Bums a million years ago. Sort of like a redwood, but different. Even the Hog Farm is just down the road, still going strong after all these years. This is definitely one of the places all the hippies went, including the ones who weren't born when the original hippies wandered into being. I feel fairly at home...

Here are just a few photos of this leg of What I'm Doing On My Summer (now almost Fall) Vacation.
California deer (I've seen a lot of deer here!)

Drive through redwood (no fries with that)

Elijah and me in a redwood!

This place was just 'there' - calling our names

Another part of the place above

I would love to meet the person who created the above and put this sign up!

A very cool beach near the farm

Pebble footsteps


Awesome seaweed(s) here


Heading down the road (maybe one of the most gentle curves - it's crazy twisty here)

Wild pea blossom (very poisonous, I'm told)

I've skipped more than a few Free Range Fridays but this was one of my favorites (and no, it wasn't Friday, it was last night).

Garden Goodness - Go out into your farm garden and gather up the following:
Zuchinni
Broccoli
Flying saucer squash
Onion
Garlic
Tomato

 Some good additions


Bragg's Liquid Amino   (you can get it at Holistica Aimee on Culebra)
Sriacha hot sauce (if you can't find it to buy, you can make your own!)
Salt and pepper to taste

Start up a pot of rice (the slow cooking kind). Chop up all the veggies, garlic and onion and saute it all in a little bit of oil and butter until the tomatoes are squishy. Rice should be done by then. Buen provecho!!

And last, but in no ways least...

3 comments:

  1. Wow. I am now plotting one more move....to right there. That beach is wonderful! But what are hippies? :)

    Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hippies: http://www.answers.com/topic/hippie

    We just went again, it's insanely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. as my friend Little Hawk always said:
    Highly
    Intelligent
    Person
    Pursuing
    Infinite
    Enlightenment

    ReplyDelete