Monday, February 4, 2013

No Super Bowl Here

Prancing in the Yard Bowl
There were plenty of places to watch the Super Bowl here on Culebra, but I wasn't at any of them, for no reason in particular except a desire to sleep early after a long, semi-lazy day. I could hear the whooping and hollering from a number of different parties around and across the bay as I drifted off to NodLand. I hope your team won, and if it didn't, that you had fun anyway!

Super Bowl Revenge was in the form of a rooster, perched somewhere close to my window, crowing off the hours - starting at 1 a.m. and continuing until I threw a rock at his tree sometime around 5 a.m. That was after trying to water blast him a couple of times, unsuccessfully. Throwing rocks in the dark, in the cold (yes, 68 degrees is cold here) works.

Ripe cashew fruit and nut (which has nothing to do with anything except it's beautiful)

There is an elegant boat far out in the bay that was caught in magic light time. I watched it shift in the wind until dark.





And again as morning broke.


It was not as exciting as the Super Bowl, and the blackout lasted a lot longer than it did in New Orleans. Maybe I should get the sound track in case the rooster returns.

Have a majestic Monday. Do something mercurial.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, what a beautiful sailboat. Hope it's still there in March. We have friends, live aboards, on a sailboat, 'Hedonist' somewhere in the Caribbean. They have a beautiful wooden sailboat they restored. They lived aboard in our marina until they retired and headed to warmer waters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to say, they headed out shortly after I took the dawn photo. Bill Kunke sent me a photo of them going around the point. But I did hear the people on it were at one of the bars last night, told a friend it was 57 meters long! What a beauty. I'm sure someone knows something about her; I'd love to hear more!

      Delete
  2. Hello, I came across your Blog while googling Where to watch the super bowl in Culebra. Any suggestions for where to watch this year, Feb. 1st, 2015?

    ReplyDelete