Thursday, February 14, 2013

Take a Spin on the Culebra Randomizer!

Whatever face taking grin making heart singing combination is going on here - is it the weather, the season, the people, the everything is beautiful to the point of almost being laughoutloudable - whatever it is, if I could bottle and sell it no one would do illegal drugs, not ever again. It's that good.

First of all, we continue with 'I could almost wear a long sleeved tee-shirt all day' weather. Every time I do laundry, the sight of long sleeved shirts and slacks and light sweats that serve as jammies have me smiling.  There will come a time where the very sight of some of those clothes will bring a I'm going to pass out feeling, but that time isn't now.



Hey, Larry and Sherry! Good to see you out there.
There were things in between the blueness above and the evening below. Just trust me, they were all good. Even the chickens are feeling it, laying 5 and 6 beautiful eggs a day.

I went to Dinghy Dock to meet up with some friends from Maine. It looked like a Friday night, people stacked up to the bar, the tables all full and barely room for one more dinghy.

Aaron and Lynn, who, if you are a super observer, you will remember from last fall's blog post in Portland, OR, where we met up in a funky local bar with daughters and a son-in-law.
There were two more Mainiacs with us earlier, the Honorable Mayor Karen Heck and her husband, but they left early. One little nice sidenote, Karen met up with Ivan, Mayor to Mayor (she really IS the  Mayor of Waterville, Maine - her campaign slogan? Heck yeah!) and reported a nice chat. One day, the four of them will build a house on land they bought here quite a while back and I'll get to see them more than a couple of times a year. Yippie! But now is good, now is very good.

When I got home, there, hanging on a hook by my door, was a very cool horseshoe, with the nails still in it. An old horseshoe, a rusty horseshoe. Exactly the sort of horseshoe that should be hung up. For now, I put it close to where I found it, but turned up of course, for luck. I think it will eventually go to the chicken coop, instantly transforming it into a fantasy barn...



First, just to get it out of the way, yes, I use white death sugar. I also use brown sugar. And turbinado sugar.  And honey. I do make sure, with the white, that it's cane sugar and that's my only concession. Because I will never drink regular tea or coffee without sugar. Don't ask, I have so few vices left and this one is a line in the sand I won't cross. You are not the boss of me! And I'm not defensive about this at all.


But that wasn't really the point I was going for about sugar. The thing about sugar, and a lot of flour and corn meal and other ground up grains, is that they are still packaged in paper. Paper! These are all substances that when exposed to dampness might as well be a bag of concrete that got rained on. And yet, having lived in the most humid places possible except maybe the Amazon, the sugar/flour/corn meal still pour dryly from the bag, like sand on the beach baked in the sun. My question is, if these products can still be sold in paper, why can't everything be sold in paper? I don't get it. That's all.

Okay, that's not all. Why do poeple put neon type changing color lights on their boats and cars? For the same reason people put Christmas lights on their boats and homes? More things I don't understand. So glad that is my thorny problem for today.

Oh, and I was just reminded, it's Valentine's Day! Happy day of celebrating love. Do that every day! 




Have a taste the trippy-ness of life Thursday. Do something transforming.

2 comments: