Saturday, January 11, 2014

Another Point of Viewing

Once more house/cat sitting and once more from a hill. A new hill, an old view but new every minute just the same. I can almost see my not rushin' cat from here!

Living on a tiny island, there are only so many places to go, but I've not been to nearly all of them yet. Roads appear that are as yet unridden on by me. Paths in the brush that speak of deer call and sometimes I follow, but sometimes not. A deer can deal with a few feet of unseen drop off better than I. As it should be. Lucky deer.

There are bird feeders up here. If you've read this blog much you're aware I like to play Janey Birdfeeder, putting feeders up when I go traveling if they aren't there already. Usually, it works and a place without birds is suddenly with them. There are promises to keep it up and starter bags of food and who knows what happens next?

I used to sell bird feeders at the cart, a good and beautiful item to stock. So it may seem odd that I don't have bird feeders of my own - who knows, maybe Johnny didn't have his own apple trees either. In my yard there is enough going on naturally that it is one giant bird feeding system. But the feeders here made possible some gorgeous moments yesterday and I know there is more to come.






Even though there are two feeders, the banana quit and the hummer both want to use the same one. Of course they do.

Incoming! Scared, but hanging tight.

 I don't see you. You aren't there. 

3 second peace accord
It's tiring, watching all of that activity. Luckily, I have a solution for that. 


 Have a salubrious Saturday. Do something sublime.

4 comments: