Thursday, January 9, 2014

Oh Tiddley(de)winks!


No, not oh fiddlesticks or oh Susannah. Remember tidleywinks? Who thinks up a name like this or a game like this? I had no idea how many versions came along or how many spellings either.  Did you?

Caribbean version
I must say, the clown, like most clowns, draws attention to itself by being just a bit off, in this case by not being a wink but rather more like a blink. Freaking clowns.



When I woke up this morning and saw the first thing I always see when I wake up, the window across from me, I thought, This is the bar code of my life. Of course, I didn't have my contacts in or glasses on, so it was pretty blurry. The dawning was just beginning and the idea of this as my life brand wasn't uncomfortable. No tattoo's, no worries.

I blurred it to help you partially understand what it's like to live inside my head. It's not working, is it? Lucky you. The squares are tiny Tibetan prayer flags.

Yesterday was a beautiful winter day here. In fact, since the rains have stopped the weather has been pretty much postcard perfect. If you try really hard you can work up a good sweat (it's not like our t-shirts are going to freeze or anything remotely close), but you can also go for a good long walkabout and lose nary a drop.

There are dozens of varieties of palm trees; this is one of the more grand types. If you know her name, please feel free to chime in.
Standing outside the Post Office the other day I saw this rabbit next door. I don't know if you remember the photo of a  rabbit that I saw out in the country awhile back, hazarding a hopeful guess that it was the only rabbit on island, but here's proof I was wrong. Now let's hope these rabbits are of the same sex or if not, that they never meet. Ever. 




Magic light time in the yard was almost done yesterday, but having a front row seat was still worth a yard walk.

This fellow was behind my neighbor's dock, fishing in the shallows. I missed a decent shot of his wide spread beautiful wings as he took off for points nesting.

Sleep well.

A lone pelican was getting in his last snacks of the day.

And a patient friend waits.
A peli mini series from splash-down to gulp.




Onward to your day (or evening) and mine.

Have a tiddley de winkin' Thursday! Do something throwback.

3 comments: