Monday, January 13, 2014

Filled Up and Overflowing

For not doing much of anything, yesterday rattled and rolled in a most long playing way (and when was the last time you listened to an LP?), between weather - speaking of which, no, it seems no one here felt the 6.5 earthquake off of northern PR, though Suzanne from the finca on the big island did in a roof rippling way - and music and feeding critters here and there.

The day started out with some subtle adornment

(Unlike today, with a rain shower for wake up music and sun broken clouds_
After yesterday's morning rain, along came the smile maker, just as anticipated

For awhile, after the arch was not visible, this chunk of color seemed to be dripping down the sky. This photo, maybe no photo, would do well to show how odd and watercolory it was.

From my hill perch, it was a bit of a hazy but beautiful morning after the rain. 


But then I looked out again and it wasn't so beautiful anymore.


I hate to waste a beautiful day being angry, so I wrote the company and yelled a few well or poorly chosen comments. Then, a fine acquaintance of mine put up some music he'd produced on facebook and this was the first tune that came up. It helps if you listen to it, because it explains why I went out on the deck and started dancing with my shadow.






Later in the afternoon, I headed down to Dinghy Dock to say so long to Jake, who is heading back to the mainland for awhile. I hadn't been out for awhile and shockingly, nothing had changed much at all.


I fell in love with this little trawler from St. Thomas.

The harbor boats just made their way around the very inconsiderately anchored Sea Dream.

Sea Dreams people conveyor, tearing up the bottom by the public dock. Is there anything these people do that is thoughtful of where they happen to be? I've not seen it yet.

So long, Jake! See you on the flip side.

Can we say happy baby, radiant Mama?

This is such an interesting boat. I wondered if there be pirates aboard.

I was hurrying to get home in time to feed the chickens before sunset.
The chickens and cat at Casita Shack fed, it was head up the hill time, another cat was waiting for dinner. I judge how well my fitness factor is by how many times I stop to rest before hitting the driveway. I'm down to 1 and sometimes 0, feeling my heart thumping to the rhythm of its own jazz band. Still breathing. Still alive. Another day in Paradox.

Have a moderately marvelous Monday. Do something minutely magical.

p.s. Sorry this is so late coming to you. I had more than a few mostly good interruptions along the way.


No comments:

Post a Comment