Monday, March 21, 2016

An On the Water Sunday Funday

It seems like we should all be on the water all of the time, and I know a fair number of people who are. Some make their livings doing that, some just love being out there and are fortunate enough to have the means to do just that. It's always fun to get a turn to be one of them.

But first, yesterday was the Spring Equinox in this hemisphere. With all the rain we've had recently, there were a lot of blooming flowers to celebrate with. These were some close by me at the time.

Taking care of a friend's orchids is almost as good as having my own again.






And then it was to the sea, the beautiful sea! Yesterday (like the day before) was one of those perfect winter days we have here, where inside your heart is singing, So lucky! So lucky! to be here.

I love this little house on a floating platform. AND look at the solar panels!

This is new. Good for whoever is doing this!
I've never built a home before but I've seen plenty of friend's and some family members homes being built. That stake that marks the spot where it will all begin always seemed pretty heart jumping to me, but not the same way it must have felt to the home builder to see for the first time. 

This mooring ball marks my spot in the world, where the houseboat will be when it gets there (That's called patience, which is how I disguise my superstition). I'm excited. To put it gently.

Round ball marks the spot!
We also went past Francie's old houseboat. Rumor has it that it has been sold again and it appears to have people living on it. That's a very good thing! We wonder how they will like everyone showing up for a party on the 4th of July...


Then it was out to more open water.

No, I didn't touch the color button, it was really like this.
The Painters did a wonderful job.

Another sailboat.

I don't think this is really a car wash but first glance made us wonder.

Can a view be eaten by the soul? In a word, yes.

Punta Soldado from the water side

Can't help it, I love no homes to be seen. 
Then it was time to head back to land. Sun on our faces, a lot of laughter in our memories and still beauty all around.


I'm sure there are more exotic ways to welcome Spring but this worked for me on all levels. I hope sharing it worked for you, especially if you are in the snow belt zone. Your flowers are on the way, really!

Have a makeadifference Monday. Do something mysticallydowntoearth.


6 comments: