Wednesday, March 9, 2016

It's All About Perspective

I was doing a boat delivery from St. Thomas to Boston, many moons ago. We stopped over in Bermuda for a few days, for weather, relaxation and um, relaxation reasons. There was a friend of mine who took me and part of the crew out on his dinghy, to see the water side of some very large homes, along with a few on islets no bigger than a postage stamp. It was a perspective I've never forgotten, like seeing the interior real life as opposed to the street view showcase. 


I'm reminded of that backwater journey living on the houseboat now; seeing Culebra from the waterside for extended periods, not just an inbound or expound view while out for a day trip. Nothing looks the same, even though it is the same. Or maybe it's just me. But I like the duality of reality. Of course, duo is only two and there are many more facets to reality, but for the purposes of this post, two is plenty.



This pelican led me on a visual trip around the bay, with a low fly by the Alcadia. 

I don't notice the gym much, but here? Oh my!

There are exciting doings at the old school these days.
Check it out.
Yesterday I was saying how I missed seeing the hawks that are a daily part of life on the other side of the hill. But sitting outside this morning, there was a hawk. Not a red tailed hawk, maybe a large kestrel? But I didn't have my camera in hand, even though it hovered for a good 10 seconds and would have been a great photo. Ah well. Lesson learned. Again. Keep. Camera. Near. Next time, if there is one.

No matter how you look at things, remember there is another side, often completely unexpected. That's all I know about that.

Have a wandering Wednesday. Do something wholeheartedly.


2 comments:

  1. MJ, Thanks for seeing and saying what I think about too.
    Nicely done. I need to get out and see your new house.
    Bill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad we see things that way the same; I've always admired your eye. And p.s. Glad you and the rip tide parted ways. People don't realize how powerful they can be.

      Delete