Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A Culebra Afternoon

Life is starting to fall back into the Culebra wavy groove that I know so well because I rarely know it at all. Which I like. The other night it included an unexpected dinner party with two old friends and two new acquaintances, a couple here to find out first hand if they want to live on, rather than just visit, Culebra. She's a doctor with an emphasis on holistic medicine, he's a physicist, both with a good sense of humor - which is pretty much a prerequisite. Amazingly, after dinner with the three of us, they are still considering living here. We'll see what happens next. I know one thing for sure, she cooks a fine meal...a vegetarian, gluten free meal that I, dedicated carnivore that I am, who really didn't understand gluten from glue (until an explanation that not only made sense but was actually interesting), award  5 stars. As happens so often, I was busy enjoying eating and forgot to take a photo...oops!

Today I'll be helping Susie do some restaurant tweaking, observe a bit of local drama at Wednesday court and maybe, maybe, get my cart back on the corner. But yesterday afternoon,, after tearing my jungle yard apart a bit more (I'm all re-energized about food gardening after seeing fabulous ones all over the US) was spent on happy hour at Dinghy Dock and the waterfront, with company about as local as it gets. Just that mellow time with some of those who people my world, catching up and catching on. I wish I'd gotten a shot of Benjamin going by in his boat, hair blowing back in the breeze. It's good to be home.

Dinghy Dock

Obligatory Jack photo


Time out ended with an order of wings from  
Smoke Tender Wow. Key word, wow! Kudos, Steve. Check it out!

Have a welcoming Wednesday. Do something wishful.

7 comments:

  1. Tell me (us) about Smoke Tender, por favor...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too kind, MJ. It was our pleasure! We hope to see you again very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to do an interview with Steve and Walt soon, as it was my first time there and I just ordered the wings and went home. I can tell you the wings were muy delicioso!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always eager to hear about new food options! Amazing flower photo - do you know what it is? Typical for me, I'm planning my Culebra garden before I even have a house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. New food options - GOOD! This is a bloom at Kelli and Dale's house, I don't know the real name of it, but will try to find out before you get back here...you are nothing if not Culebra typical!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do something wishful. . . I am very wishful that I were on Culebra.

    ReplyDelete