Sunday, October 17, 2010

Wish you were here...

This pretty much says it all

Today is another one of those beautiful days...even if most of the things I've tried to get done aren't getting done for one reason or another. It's still been full of seeing people that I've not seen for months, and that is always good. It's good when getting gasoline - with NO one in line and gas in the tanks - to go inside and, first thing, hear...'Mi amor!' Yes. I'm home.

I was going to take a photo of the new lechon sign I saw at El Batey yesterday, but they are closed right now. It's not even Christmas and lechon is on the menu...yippee! Another day...

So instead of doing laundry and moving things, I gave a friend a ride home half way around the bay, and hurt my mouth smiling at how gorgeous it is right now; a more than fair trade.

And by the way, if you are debating a quick get-away to Culebra, even though it's still pretty warm here, it's a great time to be here. The streets are quiet, no lines for gas, the beaches perfect, the fares low. Just so you know.

Another of Kelli & Dale's unknown exquisite blooms

I love these lobster traps...I love this bay!

Over the bloomin' sea (looking toward Vieques)

Sure, there are still a lot of things going on that need fixing. But on a day like today, we all know why we'll stick it out and do the best  we can to make things better and keep Culebra the place we love, rather than the place where people sigh and say, oh, it used to be so special. It is special still - and, if those who wish to line their pockets on the backs of our desire for tranquility would just try to understand what they wish to destroy, that too would be a good thing. For now, I'll just be glad for this Sunday.

1 comment: