Thursday, October 28, 2010

Survivors

How this strawberry plant made it, I have no idea 


No, not the show, sillies! The things in my yard that amazingly survived 4 plus months of me being gone. Thanks to the loving care of good friends and lots of rain and in one case, a bit of a miracle, I do believe. In fact, maybe ignoring the whole thing is a brilliant tactic and I'm only learning it now...




Yesterday was sunshine and rain showers, over and over and over again, cooling off the afternoon early into our traditionally beautiful fall weather. Plus, it was lovely to go to sleep to rain music on the roof. This morning feels much the same, though the radar shows the rain bits to have moved off to the  west.


And fyi, if you love coconuts, and I do, they had some at Costa del Sol the other day for 99 cents. I am happy to pay 99 cents to not have to hack through the outer layer of a coconut (you can get green ones with coconut water on the ferry dock on Sundays also - goes great with rum - well, I think you still can)! The milk was delicious, the meat perfect and smashing them open with a hammer, priceless. They also had Cafe Bustela for under 5 bucks (which I didn't get because I'd already gotten my favorite espresso at Genesis earlier in the day). Just so you know! Of course, they could all be gone by the time you read this...or maybe not! As some of us were talking about shopping the other day, every store here has something or other that is a deal, it's worth checking them all out, if you don't mind 'driving all over town' - all four or five miles! And don't forget the veggie guy, who is faithful and true and will be here tomorrow barring weirdness.

Subtle dawn
I'm starting to like this chicken...but her boyfriend(s) gotta go!
Some clouds drifted by this morning...
These blooms are going crazy...I like that in an orchid!
The pepper plant that won't say stop! Thank you, Mr. Aji Cabellero!
This banana plant was buried in junk trees and guinea grass...it likes the freedom!
Happy Thursday! Are you working on your costume?

2 comments:

  1. Abby!! Please please please email ne! This is Jenny Malik?! Remember my parents, Huss and Jane Malik? I have been trying to get your contact info.
    When I hear from you i will be able to tell you more about why!
    btw...what you are doing (what i have gatherd from truing to contact you) is so wonderfull...It gave me the extra boost i needed to see for a possible future visit...maybe more...to My childhood home. :) I homeschool my daughter...and what you do and stand for and are manifesting looks so ....beautiful cant wait to visit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, I'm not Abbie, sorry! But I can put you in contact with her, if you email me at caribemj (@) gmail (.) com.

    ReplyDelete