Sunday, October 3, 2010

Free Range Friday Food Truck Feed

Yes, yes, I know it's Saturday, but I think it still counts if I actually ATE what I'm writing about on Friday, so let go of it, I've got a Saturday market to get to.

After a lot of reading about these, I've fallen in love with Portland's food cart pods. In this neighborhood, the pod is called Good Food Here, one of many.. It is made up of maybe 10 to 12 food trucks selling everything from fruit smoothies to escargot. No, we didn't get the fruit smoothies...

The goods - while I stuck to what we agreed I'd order
at Lardo's, Sarah got way busy everywhere else

"WAIT!!!! I was going to shoot that escargot!" 

"Too late, Mom"

Lamb burger, lamb slider, fried fish...

Truffle fries (oh oh oh good), double burger of some special thing, 
something really, really good

The food carts are only a few minutes away from the house, which makes it mighty convenient to get some really great food for a very low price. These carts are all over Portland, selling everything from Thai to gyros to...escargot. I'll miss them. Blogger has been weird today, but I'm going with what I've finally gotten, otherwise, how else will I tell you all about a Saturday so beautiful it hurts your face, wandering around downtown Portland?

Lardo


Some of the other carts - Thai, Greek, Pizza, Euro-Trash...

Escargot,  anyone? Would you like brie with that? It's here.

We didn't eat from this pizza place,but all those veggies? 
You order, they fix 'em. Toppings or smoothie, you decide.

This is Da-Pressed. There are hula hoops all around to play with; 
this little girl was being taught how to hip it (by the owner of the cart). 
She was good, too!

By the time most people I know read this, it will be Sunday. So have a good one! Tranquillo....


6 comments:

  1. That's like Heaven in a Parking Lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exactly what it's like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't imagine what it is about this concept that draws you to it!?!?! Will we be seeing more culinary offerings at the corner of Soldado Parkway and Calle Bomberos?

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's a real good chance of that...think you can dig up some snails for me?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some years back (the year Scuba invented kite flying au naturel) Lana dropped us on Luis Pena for the day. In the afternoon, when we hiked over the saddle to the east side for our pick-up, we encountered some young boys in a john boat gathering a variety of snails from the rocks near shore. They were to be sold to restaurant(s), from what my limited Spanish understood.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm...I'll have to ask around about that. Sounds great to me!

    ReplyDelete