Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The flip side of being home

Thank you, orchids, for the welcome home
While I came by home a couple of times every day while house sitting to feed the cat and do a few clean ups (like carving a path through the jungle of yard, sweeping away unwanted inside litter - note to small creatures, this is not your bathroom - pulling out packed away things, getting the garden put in order..sort of), I easily made excuses like lack of time and energy to do a whole lot more.

No excuses now! You know how when you are a bit overwhelmed with lots to do that you feel immobilized and full of reasons why you can't get to project D because you still don't have a way to get there? Color me that! But when I stop a moment - or six - I remember that even if I've never gotten everything on my to-do list done, most of what really needs to happen, happens, one way or another. It's the law. Like gravity, but different.

Chicken of the Sea
Living close to the edge is a wonderful motivator that way. So today I will continue from the wee start of getting my photos in order and up on their website...so y'all can buy them and bring me wealth and fame! Ok, I'll settle for sharing some heart images and making a few bucks. Which brings me to: Hey, guy who wanted to buy the wave photo and has so patiently waited until I got home? I can NOT find your email!!! Please re-send! Thanks!

Organizing photos is a dichotomous task...on one hand, tedious and time consuming; on the other, joyful, as moments and faces take me back down mental roads I like to travel, even the ones that make me a bit sad even while I'm smiling. So, let the games begin!

Cock-a-doodle-do back atcha. Now get out of here!
We have a small craft advisory going on, with the wind supposed to be kicking up and waves 5 - 7 feet, and maybe a few brief rain showers. By the weekend, the forecast looks calm and beautiful, so come on over! We've got Abbie's Halloween house and Coralations Spooky Snorkel, plus the (un)naturally occurring all-about-town Halloween stroll...I still don't know who some of those masks were hiding from last year, but the costumes just get better and better! Mamacita's Restaurant and Bar re-opens Friday, so there is one more place to show off your costume or just do a little gawking. If you think you need instructions to the round of eating and watering holes...remember, this is Culebra, you can't get lost.

Have a whole Wednesday! Do something welcoming.

4 comments:

  1. Hi MJ. Welcome home! We leave Maine in not too long a while to return to Culebra. We spent most of the summer in Greenland surrounded by sea ice and now we are headed to the tropics for the winter......something backwards going on here....or maybe not....! Hey do you know anyone who rents kayaks in Culebra? We might need to rent some for a few trips..as well as bikes from Dick! Gracias, Rick

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's a good backward, if that's what it is! Your trips sounded fabulous, maybe one of these years...

    We'll look forward to seeing you back! I know Ken of Culebra Bikes rents kayaks (right next to Dinghy Dock) and there might be some others as well. I never know the status of things unless I hear for sure! But I'll have the info by the time you get here...

    Fair winds and following seas...see you when!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is the cart back on the corner?

    chicken of the sea - funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, back where it belongs!

    I can't help it...every time I see these chickens down there, my head fills up with the C of S song...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCzPne3F6Eo&feature=related

    ReplyDelete