Monday, October 11, 2010

End of the journey, it's time to go home

June 8th was a long time ago it seems, the day I began the longest time I've been off of Culebra.. Maine, Kansas, California, Oregon, Florida. New sights, new sounds, new people...and now home tomorrow. Well, almost home: I'll be house/dog/cat sitting as soon as I get back, and the view will be from the hilltop. But close enough.

List: thank Teresa forever for taking such good care of CWIM  while I've been away, try to convince CWIM she lives with me again and not to be too pissy about it, get the cart back on the corner, find out how many unwanted critters have tried to move into my place, Dinghy Dock!

But in 'be here now' fashion, I've gotten the gift of a beautiful sunrise on the way home from  taking my brother to work in the dark. Thanks to his GPS for getting me back to the condo! I definitely would have turned the wrong way and therefore missed the glory!

South Florida sunrise

Before I forget: thanks to all who have helped my brother through this weird time in his life, with cards and calls and concern, the guy who gives him a ride to and from work, and the dead battery day ride (that means you Mike) it was great to finally meet you - we should all be so lucky to have a boss just like you. Next time I'm up here, we'll all go out dancing! I'm a believer...

In the meantime, Jonny and I will be working on the Venetian Slat Sun Clock, which is the sort of thing you discover when you are sitting around a lot whether you like it or not - and he doesn't. I'm not sure exactly how the clock will look, but if you eat enough sushi and drink enough sake, it all makes incredible sense.

One slat equals one fast minute...we think


Have an excellent Monday! See you next time from Culebra!!!!

4 comments:

  1. May the four winds blow you safely home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and in the same direction! Thanks, Doug!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Safe travels, MJ! I have enjoyed your summer, and look forward to news from home.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Deb, looking forward to my home horizons

    ReplyDelete