Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A Yard Sale Kitty

Cherry stealing bluebird
Yesterday, as we were finalizing the set up of the yard sale, a little kitten came waltzing up the steps and right into the house. I picked it up and tried a few times to send it on its way but he was having none of that. Rob, one of the housemates, said he'd not mind having a cat and if he stayed, he'd do all the necessary...shots, neutering, etc. I went and bought some food, he ate and played around all day and entertained Sarah and me with his Amazing Jumping Kitty show. He stayed the night. He even used the litter box Rob set up. Maybe he's lost. Maybe not. But for now, Little Dude is here.

 Rob playing Tetris on the old Mac. Yes ladies, he's straight, he's tidy, he's self employed. He's hot, he's a musician and a carpenter. He's super nice and he's  looking for a girlfriend. And he likes cats. Now you don't have to ask me.

 Do you think I can catch that moth?? I really want to catch that moth!

 I look good on my royal maroon throne, don't I? There's that moth!

 These ceilings are way too high!

 Being a mighty moth hunter is tiring. 

Call me what you want, my secret name is Stretch.

Today we're going to lunch with a woman I haven't seen in about 20 years, from my first days online, back when it was geeks and curious types like me, before there was WWW anything and you had to know at least a little code to get online actively. I forgot she lives in Portland last year, but not this time. A little food, a little exploring, a little trip down a winding memory lane...should be good.

Have a talkabout Tuesday! Do something that isn't tedious. Keep an eye on 95; and I'm not talking the interstate.

4 comments:

  1. Well, didn't he just make himself to home? Good on the human cutie for taking him in! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving this kitty! Maybe because I'm missing my own so much? Could be. Sarah says, without words (rolling eyes syndrome) maybe I should have asked Rob before I put out all that info about him...but hey, maybe some awesome woman will come along Portland way...ah well, as SOMEONE I know said, act now, ask forgiveness later! He's a goodun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a nice looking old computer!
    and a cute cat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I figure any computer geek (even if it's only on the inside!) type might be interested in the Mac Classic, especially as it still works! The kitty is swoon inducing.

    ReplyDelete