Monday, November 12, 2012

Dock o' the Bay

I don't usually stop at this spot, not often enough anyway. But the other day we did, to pick up one of those crazy boat people who get around by dinghy, and I remembered - hey, it's pretty nice here.


We didn't stay long because the boat person was incredibly prompt, and since we were already a bit early...well, ok, yes, I know that throws your whole island time warp idea into rice pudding, but sometimes you need to be rattled, just slightly, out of your delusion that we all hang out on docks and beaches all of the time drinking pina coladas. In fact, most of us drink rum and vodka and beer (no, not in the same glass). And we only hang out at those places as much as we can, not ALL of the time. Sheesh.

Let me put it in black and white for you.
Have a mentally momentous Monday. Do something mildly.

2 comments:

  1. Doncha hate that? When someones on time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I don't, which is why I've always thought I wasn't cool enough to live in the islands. I'm always early, so if someone is on time, I'm stoked! One of the bigger (very small) things in my island life is relaxing when things are late, even though I know, I KNOW they are going to be late, maybe even not occur at all. It's crazy, but there you have it. You'd think after 20 years, I'd get it...

    ReplyDelete