Thursday, November 8, 2012

Let Me Give a Twitch Hitch to the Rest of My Life

For some reason last night, sleep, which seemed to be holding out extended fluffy arms, kept retreating as soon as I barely reached the fingertips of embrace. So today, which I wanted to have start energized, instead started like a character in a movie of someone deep in a drugged or drunken slumber (of which I was in neither), that 'huhnah, huh..gaahhhh' mode, when seeing the sun firmly over the top of the window frame was like a dash of cold water with the same effect. FEED CAT FEED CHICKENS MAKE TEA I HAVE TO PEE WHICH DO I DO FIRST, the most basic of mental gymnastics turning me in circles a few times, eventually leading to a fairly straightforward course.

I'm back on track now, albeit a few hours later. My boss is going to kill me.


After feeding and abjectly apologizing to the ladies, I was walking around the yard and saw this really pretty duck (unlike the truly ugly duck that usually hangs about here). His or her feathers were a palette of soft browns, from tawny to tan to...I just realized I don't know a whole lot of descriptive words conveying shades of brown, a color not often associated, at least lyrically, with beauty.

There is the beauty of brown skin, around here, the shades are wildly endless; there is the beauty of brown land, hey, I was just in the desert. But this was a whole different thing, maybe because it is layers of feathers, I'm not sure, but skin and land words don't work. Because I'm still using the phone as my camera I couldn't zoom in so I was just slowly, slowly trying to get just a wee bit closer.

Notoriously camera shy, are lovely brown ducks. 
Ah, who wanted your photo anyway?
So it's onward. I do believe I might make it to town today, for errands big and small. The horse next door is making quite a fuss, it must be time to go.

But before I go, I have to share, or reshare this cabin photo with you. The web is awash with cabin photos, awash, I tell you. Because I'm a mental collector, I've seen a lot of cabin/tiny house photos. There are a few that stick in my mind and this is one of them. If you click on the link below it, you can see more photos as well. I just love this structure, the feel of it, the airiness, the simplicity. In fact, I'm dumping everything out of the shack and tearing down the front wall, just as soon as I can find a free glass garage door.

For more to adore, plus the background story (as in, you can book this place!!), go here.
Have a get it together Thursday. Do something topping tolerable.

2 comments:

  1. Yerba mate with ginger, I'm awake! (hey Mark, I can't seem to get a handle on your blog, can you email me with what's happening?? thanks! caribemj (at) gmail.com

    ReplyDelete