Thursday, November 1, 2012

It's the Little Big Things

 
I was doing a wander around town yesterday and saw a sudden seemingly overnight expansion on the already going on expansion of the Chinese restaurant. Someone had told me that the actual owner of the place, who I always thought was the family who runs it, is someone who owns 20 other restaurants around PR and as Blue at the Spot and Heathers were now spiffed up, they would follow suit. I have no idea about any facts to that, but it is an expansion that looks to almost triple the size of the place. I hope that doesn't mean tripling the prices, as, despite what many have said to me, I've never had any ill effects when I get a fried chicken craving.

Even with no porch, the usual suspects were in residence, but I didn't include them in the photo.
 There were all sorts of wonderful spooky things going on for the Halloween party held last night at the plaza. From photos I've seen on facebook, it looks like a costumed fun time was had by all.


I never get over the backdrop for so many events celebrated and held on the plaza.
 A bit of completely bipartisan comic relief to the unending 2012 campaign. We feel your pain, Abigail.



I can't find anything comic about the ongoing carnage of a huge part of our country in the wake of Sandy. This FEMA article is chock full of responsible ways to donate to help out those in need. If you are in one of the many areas struck hard, there are also lists of places you can go to find out how you can physically get involved.

Martha Iskyan of Arizona heading east
I've had this saved for a couple of weeks and it seems as good a time as any to include it now. This is a survival book, written in 1958, but perhaps not quite the sort you might expect. Mainly, I love the title, because we all come into life without an instruction booklet and must do the best we can. Some of us get better guidance at the start of our journey than others, some of us blunder along and learn the way by a lot of detours, dead ends and stubbed soul toes. And lots of us do both.

You can take a look by going here and clicking on the arrow at the edge of the photo.
Have an (in)trepid Thursday. Do something (un)tangling.


No comments:

Post a Comment