Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Pig Question


There's not much happening today. In fact, right now it's dark and it's cool and it's raining. Wbich means I should, by all rights, be asleep, cozy, dreaming lovely dreams of living on a Caribbean island, maybe with a cat. Maybe with a cat who thinks she's special. So special that she can jump on my head and ask for breakfast. At 5 a.m. Ok, that's not a dream.

Yesterday on the way to Zoni, we saw this pig. I wasn't fast enough, or it was too fast, to get a head shot.


I'm putting another one here. Take a good look at this pig's backside.


On the way HOME from Zoni, we saw this pig. I was a little luckier, this pig was easier to see.


My friend Francie said it was the same pig. She also said I could get out of the car and get a closer shot. My friends are really great that way. But however great, I didn't think it was the same pig.

I got out of the car. The pig started snorting. I got back in the car.
Francie was sort of snickering. I'm pretty sure it would be called snickering. I told her how I grew up around wild boars, and they scared the crap out of me (rightfully so, of course, if you've ever been chased by a wild boar, you know it is smart to be scared of them - SMART - and yes, Virginia, there are wild boars in coastal Florida. There are wild bores too, but they are everywhere and a completely different discussion). I'm pretty sure she got in another quiet snicker again.

My question is, do you think this pig and that pig are the same pig? I don't. Maybe it rolled in the mud and got bigger. Thankfully, there IS mud around. Opinions please. A lot depends on this. Snickering rights for one thing.

And there's one more thing I want to ask you. Do you think waking up to rain would also make me wake up with this song in my head? Really?


Have a total it up Tuesday! Do something untarnished.

9 comments:

  1. There's only one pig in the whole world, and that's it. Mean little sucker'll take your foot off at the knee too.
    Just kidding, I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's the same pig MJ.. There are two cruising around, a brown one and a white one. I've taken a few pics of them as well.. Zulema told me who owns them, but now i forget..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Inquire not as to the identity but as to the tenderness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why did the pig cross the road?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Matty, for being the ONE person willing to make a commitment, even if qualified one! The rest of you are also exactly fine; you made me laugh. Damn it, no snickering for me. Yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely different pigs. Or else different cameras....
    Florida
    In any case I can verify that wild pigs do indeed exist in (at least) eastern Florida. I've seen them by the road in Cocoa and Titusville. I didn't try to befriend the little porkers.

    {{CLOSE YOUR EYES MJ}}

    I wouldn't have minded seeing a little wild piglet with an apple in its mouth. Hey.....almost Thanksgiving here and I'm hungry

    CapnTim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same camera! Thank you! (and Tim, we eat lechon here, if you go back somewhere in my blog, you'll see a pig on a spit doesn't bother me at all... unless I don't get any). Hope y'all get some traditional T day fixin's out there!

      Delete
  7. I'd love to swap my turkey for some Puerto Ricano lechon. I keep trying to talk my family into a Thanksgiving turducken, but so far they won't budge. If you're curious, http://www.hebertsmeats.com/turduckens.asp
    I did one for a Christmas=time dinner party and it rocked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my brother did one up at the cabin in NC one year. Somehow, I think I'd just rather have duck! I wish I hadn't written that, now I want duck and guess what isn't on this island?

      Delete