Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Tracking Sharks (the in-the-water kind)

My brother turned me on to this site that tracks tagged sharks around the world last night, and I've been playing with it ever since. There are lots of variables possible for choosing what to see and how to see it. Of course, I could read a help section, but why do that when clicking possibilities makes it all an oh wow surprise?


Even though the moon was one day from completely full - meaning tonight will be completely full - this Hunter moon, this Blood moon, this (my favorite) Sanguine moon caught me completely as it rose almost centered in my window. The moon and the earth dance doesn't always synchronize in this perfect frame, but when they do, I'm pulled like the tides to go and greet our Mistress of the Night. Or, in this case, very early evening. Yet another reason to be grateful that the dock 'o the bay is back in place.


Depending on where you are in the world, you could experience this tonight, the last lunar eclipse of the year.


Have a watchful, whimsical and wakeful Wednesday. Do something wider.

2 comments:

  1. Theres a similar site for tracking sea turtles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mark. I'll check out finding the link.

      Delete