Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Moor Than This


Yesterday's ferry trip looked like it was going to be done in the rain, but then, the skies dried up, the sun trickled around the clouds and played on the water and sitting topside was the option taken, thankfully.

I've wanted this photo for a long time. Usually there are lots of people standing here, 
but after beating a few of them and bribing the rest, I got what I wanted.

Doesn't it look better? I am imagining a farmer's market under those coverings...no fence, of course.
I always wonder what tourists think when someone obviously from Culebra is taking photos of a sight seen countless times over the years. But it is never the same and always, even when I think I'll just sit and enjoy it, I'm drawn to my feet, clicking away.



I also wonder if the captains get into a little race mode...this guy cut some big corners and won.
Cut off the hotel and I could live here
 The mission of the trip was taking one of our rescue dogs that got caught in a bit of a dog tussle to the vet in Fajardo. After he was safely with the doctor, I did a walkabout, checking out Ralph's Food Warehouse (good selection in the regular grocery store part but I wasn't wowed by low prices and the warehouse part was pretty slim pickings - it did kill an hour or so though, no hurrying to meet anyone or move on to the next place). There is a really nice big yard at the vet's - big deal one might think, but yards around here are not so common. A book, a bag of peanuts, some shade that I hoped was not the pee spot of all the critters who come in and out; another hour easily passed by.

The vet's office is pretty simple in decor. A few animal photos that look like they are from the '50's. A couple of flowery prints. There was also this nicely framed (I cropped a lot of the pretty out to make the message more obvious) letter of thanks and warning. I think I read about this once, but a reminder never hurts. Thanks, Homer!


Simple decor. Weird, but simple. I didn't get a photo of the weird - on the ceiling are two duck bellies with feet dangling and one bottom side of a duck with its face stretched down, like we are the ones underwater. As kitchy as it was, it also was sort of neat in the way of making you think upside down. I wanted to paint the ceiling tiles blue...

Then this was in my email when I was home. Maybe there is a message the universe is reaching out to give me. Or not.

Copyright Last Lemon Productions Ltd. 2012 (used with permission)
Have a go outside the territory Tuesday! Do something transcendent.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a productive outing with mission accomplished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Rumi quote is a lot like the Ed Abbey Benedicto, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think ol' Ed might have been tuned in to Rumi...damn I wish he was still alive!

      Delete