Monday, December 10, 2012

Goodies Come With Open Eyes


Another December Monday in Paradox. It was cool enough last night to make a cup of cocoa. Really.

The quality is awful, but this isn't a shabby sight when going to throw tired cat food to the fish.

At the edge of the yard, there be treasure!

Once upon a time, this anchored a Taino canoe to shore. I saw the tag.

CWIM keeps watch. Or - CWIM waits for dinner.
Next up on the goodies list is the Christmas Fair at the Library. You don't even have to be a celebrator of Christmas to find good things to pick up for a great price here, plus benefit the library at the same time! That's about as local as buying gets, even if the items aren't all locally made. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Xmas Fair at the Library
Mon.- Fri. 10 -2pm
Come and get in the holiday spirit
$$$ All new items - with great prices $$$
Tablecloths, place mats, napkins, towels, tree ornaments, 
children's items
lights, cards, wrapping paper, tinsel,
ceramic village buildings, music boxes, garlands,
Everything Christmas

Have a make your own magic Monday. Do something mercurial.

8 comments:

  1. Have a good week! It was chilly here last night too.
    Your cat looks like our cat.
    341 renostn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great week as well. She's an awesome cat, hope yours is as good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MJ, Love the new header and overall update of your site.
    Nice work and Mucho Felicidades!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mucho gracias! I was beginning to wonder if anyone noticed it.

      Delete
  4. yes, it looks good....! ramseed

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pam, I was giving your name and email from a very nice lade at the bike rental shop on the island. She said you might be able to help me out. I am looking for a young man by the name of Thomas Tangvald. He and his father and sister shipwrecked on the island of Bonaire in 1991. I was born and grew up there and am now living in California. However, I have the wooden, carved, name plate too his fathers boat, and am trying to return it to him as I’m sure he would value that. I spoke to him by phone in 2007 when he was on Culebra, but lost contact information. So, I was wondering if you had any info on his whereabouts so I can contact him again. Thanks so much for your time, and have a wonderful evening, Sincerely, Christoph Lusse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam, i forgot to give you my email, it's christophlusse@netptc.net, thanks

      Delete
    2. Hi Christoph. I'm not Pam, I'm MJ. I know who you are talking about (Tomas) but haven't seen him in quite a few years and have no idea how to contact him. The Pam you want, who has a list that goes out to many people who either live on Culebra or are connected; I will send her address to your email address.

      It's a lovely thing you are trying to do and we'll do what we can to help you if possible. Please check your email shortly. Regards, MJ

      Delete