Wednesday, December 7, 2016

A Little Bit of Yes

Walkabouts, even short ones, can bring a lot of simple visual joys. Especially if you are trying to not think about being bitten by 5,396 mozzies while hanging around waiting for friends to show up. 


Oh what skies we have had!

Oops, this wasn't on the walk, but it WAS on a walk into
Heather's Pizza for lunch. This is usually done on bread, but
NOT on bread was amazing. Eggplant Parm, yum!
 And now, back to our regularly scheduled program.


There must be some lesson in the sheer beauty of cactus blooms among
serious thornage. Not the rose sort of lesson, something thornier.

I love flamboyants. Occasionally the sheer perfection of their leaf structure
just leaves me mouth agape. 

This tree has been lovingly tended over time, making a gorgeous canopy.
No, I didn't walk up this hill to see this view. I have walked up this hill before, many years ago. I thought I'd die then and now, not a chance! But it was fun to look down and see my little home.



Looking another way

And yet another way
Eventually all walks (and rides) lead home, where the sunset bounces around the bay, making nightfall gentle. 



All in all (except for the 'how'd that get in there' meal photo), I was probably not a mile away from home. You don't have to go far to find beauty, even if you are a city sort. You just have to keep your eyes and heart open for serendipity, even in the most obvious sights.

Have a work it Wednesday. Do something walkable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment