Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Results are in, it's Holiday time!



If you take the blue agave plant and the damiana flower and mix them up with a bunch of other magic ingredients, you get Agavera. The contents could be labeled, party in a bottle, and a very beautiful bottle indeed. At least that is what three of us found out yesterday afternoon. Which is why I'm up at rooster crowing time and was fast asleep at writing time. I know I fed the cat because some cat I never saw before was in here eating the last of her food when I woke up. And the lights were turned off. And I'm pretty sure I didn't make any silly calls or try to email my last boyfriend with long wails of why aren't we together now? Which makes Agavera high on my list of 'if you're going to drink a 'party in a bottle' type drink, this is a good one! I'm pretty sure that's my story. I'll have to check in with my cohorts in imbibing later today to be positive.

Earlier in the day the man I consider one of the living embodiments of what Culebra is to me showed up from the cold North with his wonderful wife Randi and their new baby, Moya, who came into my arms without a whimper. I think she is going to be passed around a lot this week...babies everywhere! Juanito was on the move (and if you know him, you know he moves fast) but I did make him stay still long enough to get a photo or three. Cooky lion!!!



I'm glad I got into the holiday spirits; just in time for New Year's Eve, the best party Culebra puts on. We still have Three King's Day on the sixth. In between - well, one of the great things about living here is I can just look forward to who knows what will happen next.

Have a wonderful and safe New Year's Eve! As Hector from Milka's said yesterday," OUT with 2008!!! 2009 is going to have everything good, health, love, peace, prosperity. 2009 will have EVERYTHING!" I'm taking his word for it. Of course, he said it in Spanish and I might be getting some of that mixed up, but it's my blog and I'm going with my translation.

Happy New Year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment