Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Tiny Houses...Peter King

I have always been big on tiny houses...(thanks to my brother for turning me on to the tiny house website) and hey, now it's a movement! Well, it's actually been going on a long time, but the subject is in the news now. The thing is, it's a way to own a home, to change an overloaded lifestyle, to take life down to an essence that has benefits that go far beyond not having a mortgage or rent. Yes, of course it's not for everybody, but what is?

Peter King, from Vermont, may not live in the islands, but he's certainly got an island head. Maybe it's a Vermont thing. I'll let the video speak for itself, only adding this. I've lived in big houses, small houses, and boats. And while I can say I appreciate a beautiful large home, there is something intimate and lovely about small spaces as well. But as Peter says, it helps a whole lot to have a beautiful setting. I'll take the no snow view, thank you. Dream big, think tiny.



2 comments:

  1. MJ, I agree with the smaller is better concept.

    Hey, its nice to have you in one place, instead of chasing you from one site to the next. Glad you got this site up and going, nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I was getting a little [more] dizzy myself!

    ReplyDelete