Saturday, December 13, 2008

Slightly Drunken Interlude (aborted)

Here is an idea that will make someone a fortune if they wish to pursue it. A machine that is able to detect alcoholic content, attached to your computer and phone. It would lock up either or both if touched with less than desirable emotively charged hands. You'd be able to set the level to your own personal "oh my god, I wrote/said what?' zone. To whomever takes this idea and implements it, all I ask is...when you make your fortune, remember me.

Lucky for you, my own don't-write-and-SEND-o-meter kicked in last night (the post time showing is now 'last night') after a long, repetitive ramble about people I know on a couple of islands sending me hello messages (that turned into very sloppy sniff sniff I love them, it's been so long, written dreck) that in the bleary light of not so early morning was much better to see still in the edit stage than the 'Your post is published!!!' stage, saved. Bless the need to just 'lie down for a second'. The only slightly decent thing worth saving was this photo of the one day past full moon.

And now back to your regularly scheduled Sunday. Lechon is on the blog menu for later.

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha -- yeah, drunk dialing, emailing and posting. We've all been there (and lived to regret it.) I'd like to have a big "undo" button for the other aspects of my life too..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! If only that machine was available to us 12-3 years ago, eh?? Would have saved a bunch of angst :) Beautiful picture. Love the clouds hinting around the moon.

    ReplyDelete