Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Workin' & reworkin'

Earlier today, I had posted a slideshow of Sean & Nancy's Thanksgiving visit. It wasn't the original, which I loved but couldn't figure out how to post, nor the 87,009 permutations...so I finally just posted what I got and thought it would be okay with me. It wasn't. So now you know what I'm talking about below if you didn't already see what I had posted.

After a whole lotta hours on a perfect on and off rainy day for this sort of stuff, I've almost got the slideshow where I want it to be. So much so, that I can't stand this one (um, the one that was here, it's gone now, in case you were wondering if you or I have gone blind or crazy), so I have taken it down until I get it...better. I really TRIED to leave it up, but that nagging voice would not shut up..."Make it go awaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy for now!"

I'm thinking perfection in the visual arts is much like writing. A professor I had told me one time, when I'd futzed and futzed with a piece I was writing, driving her and myself mad, that a time comes to just stop. It's done. Or it's not done but should be put away for awhile to rest, sort of like bread dough it will rise or fall. But keep messing around and everything can be lost. Which is probably why I get the 'oh, you write in the stream of consciousness style...' comment fairly often. That is either a compliment, or as my brother occasionally critiques..."What the hell were you talking about?"

The slideshow will reappear. I will learn more. Bear with the learning curve in my brain...it ain't easy bein' me sometimes! Sheesh!

1 comment:

  1. you know i'd come back to this tonight didn't you.....

    i love all of you....thanks for putting this together.....

    ReplyDelete