Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day! and a few buzzy bees...

If you were up at 5 a.m. this Mother's Day morning you got to see the Moon and Jupiter waltzing through the universe. Luckily for us, the sky was clear and perfect for viewing. Lucky for me, CWIM did her job and woke me up for it...along with the sound truck, rambling through the neighborhood at a quarter after four, musically announcing Mother's Day festivities.


and then the sun came along...

The bees came out with the sun, 
going crazy over this tree's blooms

There are hundreds of them, buzzing buzzing buzzing

one by one they are working...for the Queen

which brings us back to Mother's Day

To each of my children, so very different, and in so many ways the same, thank you for all the joys, craziness, heart pumping and heart stopping moments of being your mother. Your being in the world lifts me up and brings me to my knees, sometimes all at once. 

And that reminds me...

The Runaway  Bunny
By Margaret Wise Brown


Good Mother bunny. A carrot...of course! Happy Mother's Day to all of the Mother Bunnies out there.

2 comments:

  1. I know I've said this before and I don't mean to gush, but I really do love your blog. I don't comment often but I come here every day and very much enjoy your writing and photography. You keep me connected to our Culebra. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is no bigger compliment. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete