Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Victory Rises

Dreads in life that aren't life and death...sort of: computer crashes.
Miracles in life that you can't script: Your computer guru is on Culebra from the States and fixes your computer. Thank you, Lewis (and Debbie for sharing his time), beyond words. But you know that!

So, where was I? Sunday afternoon (3-5 if it keeps going, worth checking to see), Neil had his Sausage Fest at Dinghy Dock and it was a fine, fine time. Conrad, Grady and Lewis all playing and singing. Five or six kinds of sausages on the grill. Plenty of laughter and good friends. The sausages were delicious and at a buck fifty, pretty impossible to beat for a mid-day snack or two or three.



Even with no wind, Greg managed to sail in. Mark this photo. Greg, sailing in daylight!

Hector and Sandra enjoying their Sunday afternoon

I'm sure other things have happened since then but I've been, without the computer, getting a lot of things done around here for my upcoming trip. Plus, that cut off from the world feeling led to serious cleaning, the reading of five books, lots of yard puttering and much concentration of good vibes to Lewis, in the hopes that my computer would come home to Mama happy and whole. It all worked! So this is a quickie post to let you, gentle readers, know I'm alive and well and picking the gravel out of my knees from thanking Lewis...did I mention that? Once again confirming: I am the luckiest woman in the world. I do love Culebra!


9 comments:

  1. You're welcome, but remember, there's something in it for me too. If I didn't share him with you, you couldn't share your blog with me, and I wouldn't get my daily Culebra fix that I need SO much while off-island.

    Just looking at that picture of me with an Abita Purple Haze brings tears of joy to my eyes. Who would have ever thought that I would be drinking one of my favorite, craft-brewed beers on Culebra? I am loving the beer at Dinghy Dock! Thank you again, Steve and Neil, for bringing swell swill to the island.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Swell swill...I like it. Sounds like it should be on a t-shirt.
    "Dinghy Dock, with swell swill on tap"

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you're back. I was getting the shakes, four days and no MJ. Kind of like the late 70's when they sprayed that insecticide on the other MJ. You are going to keep this blog going when you go to Maine aren't you? By the way, I have relatives in Livermore Falls. Little town not far from Farmington, north of Portland.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was a little shaky myself! Yes, I'll definitely be blogging from Maine, and hoping readers on Culebra will be sending photos to post as well as news items. But I'll be focusing on Maine adventures and happenings for the time I'm there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She'll be in Livermore Falls at some point this summer for sure!

    What a small wonderful world we live in.

    Dingy Dock (you gotta go with the real spelling for old timers) Sausage Sunday with swell swill.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back, MJ. Thank you, thank you to Lewis - I too missed my daily Culebra fix. Although, it will be fun to read your posts from Maine! It was 91 degrees here yesterday and 88 today. So untypical form May in Maine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laurie-Yes it is a small world. Probably a small universe. String theory.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Probably more the chaos theory in my case...

    ReplyDelete