Monday, May 3, 2010

Thunder Pow Rain Wow

Yesterday was full of rain, lightning and thunder and more rain...it was beautiful! CWIM and I spent most of the day tucked up in bed, drinking a lot of tea, reading and watching movies - well, she wasn't much on the reading and movies, and didn't seem to want the tea either but still, a nice ball of warm next to me. Because it was chilly: after endless days of a hulking mass over us holding in the heat and humidity, the coolness was a huge and welcome relief!

I made a big pot of split pea soup in the crock pot. Of course, the moment it was ready, the rain stopped and the sun came out, and it just wasn't the same...but I waited until the sun went down and it was good! For some reason I keep eating these green foods that look horrible when photographed...so I didn't bother.

In between rain showers I'd wander the yard, watching things grow. The only thing missing was the Sunday New York Times crossword...

New banana leaf

Frangipani

Cantaloupes

Strawberries

And then the sky got blue, and the clouds went puffy white.

There are pin head sized mangoes, and the papayas are net wrapped from marauding iguanas for the bloom and fruit soon to come. The island will green up quickly, I think. Another thing to look forward to in Paradox...and I do. I'm still working on teaching CWIM to bail the dinghy...I'm so greedy!

No comments:

Post a Comment