Tuesday, May 18, 2010

In case you haven't noticed

We've had a lot of rain, a lot of rain in the past two days. The ground is soggy, green is the color of the day and blooms are everywhere. I've realized again I have a lot of white blooms among the shades of purple, some planted, some simply the blossoms of wild things. Maybe it's time for some more variety when I get back. I think so.








And then there is this succulent that someone gave me years ago (sorry, I forget who - if it was you please remind me!) It goes through stages of being happy and near death but somehow comes back again and again. I can tell when it is happy because it decorates itself with little balls of celebration.


It's been a good time to be home doing chores for going away. And by the way, I haven't gone yet: I keep being welcomed back when I do show up in town, reaffirming my belief in the cart equation. Cart gone, MJ gone. Hold on, I'm leaving pretty soon, really!

Laurie just sent me a list of the hot peppers she's ordered for us to grow...about a zillion kinds. Really. While frost got a few of her other early veg plantings, it appears that I won't be without serious garden time, and that is a good thing. Gardening in Maine. Bring it on...whatever part of the adventure that means, it will be some familiar in the unknown.

Have a total Tuesday! Do something tropical.

2 comments:

  1. we can provide garden time, and good eating the fruits of our labor...radishes, lettuce, swiss chard, peas, green beans and radishes all are sprouting and just missed the frost. Tomatoes have flowers already! Bring the peppers on.

    ReplyDelete